Liner Legal also serves its clients in the Canton, Ohio area. Contact us today on 216-282-1773, so we can hear about your case and set up a time to meet. Filing for Social Security disability can be a challenge, but our experienced disability attorneys in Canton, Ohio are here to help you.
Our Canton location is only a short drive north from downtown, and across the highway from the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Our office is in the building next to Woody’s restaurant. Parking is free right outside in the parking lot next to the building. Canton is a little over an hour south from Cleveland.
Canton has a strong football background due to the fact that the city is home to the first professional football league, which was called the Ohio League. The National Football League approved the building of the Pro-Football Hall of Fame in Canton to honor the city’s achievements for the sport.
Where do clients receive medical care?
Canton does offer more than a rich sports history in the form of beneficial local resources. If you need quality medical care for physical or mental impairments, the city has multiple hospitals including:
- Aultman Hospital (2600 6th St. SW, Canton, OH 44710 – (330) 452-9911) – Aultman Hospital is the largest healthcare facility in Stark County and has been operating for over 125 years. The hospital houses 682 beds and over 530 active physicians with 43 specialties. Aultman has won various awards including the Ohio Award for Excellence, Top 50 Cardiac Hospitals, and the Magnet National Nursing Award.
- Mercy Medical Center (1320 Mercy Drive Northwest, Canton, OH 44708 – (330) 489-1000) -Mercy Medical Center houses 476-beds and serves multiple counties in Ohio including Stark, Carroll, Wayne, Holmes and Tuscarawas County. Employing 2,500 people including 620 members of the medical staff, the facilities include a surgical center, a level 2 trauma center, dental care, therapy services, and more.
- Select Specialty Hospital (1320 Mercy Drive Northwest, Canton, OH 44708 – (330) 489-8198) – Specializing primarily in care for patients with acute or chronic respiratory disorders, Select Specialty Hospital is a critical illness recovery center. Services include wound care, pulmonary/ventilator care, post-trauma care, and more. Select Specialty Hospital – Canton received the Pulmonary Center of Excellence (PCOE) award in 2016 as well as recognition by the American Association of Respiratory Care (AARC) for patient safety.
- Akron Children’s Hospital Pediatrics (125 Whipple Ave. SW, North Canton, OH 44710 – (330) 478-0038) – Akron Children’s Hospital Pediatrics is located in North Canton and is one of 27 locations in Northeast Ohio. Specializing in child care, Akron Children’s Hospital provides services from preventative checkups to treatment for serious health problems.
- Gastroenterology Associates, Inc. (4665 Belpar St. North St. W, Canton, OH 44718 (330) 493-1480) – At Gastroenterology Associates, Inc., physicians provide services such as colonoscopies, upper endoscopies, flexible sigmoidoscopy, and IRC hemorrhoid treatment. The diagnostic facilities allow physicians to offer comprehensive care from the initial consultations to final treatment.
- Louis Stokes VA Canton Outpatient Clinic (733 Market Ave. S, Canton, OH 44702 – (330) 489-4600) – Louis Stokes VA Outpatient Clinic in Canton provides a variety of services to Veterans including home-based care, outpatient mental health, primary care, radiology, and more. The clinic is a member of the VA Northeast Ohio Healthcare System which serves nearly 112,000 Veterans across Northeast Ohio.
Where are Canton’s Social Security offices?
Canton has a local U.S. Social Security Administration office located south of downtown Canton. At this location, individuals are able to apply for Social Security disability benefits and receive assistance with Medicare and Supplemental Security Income (SSI). Public parking is available nearby on High Street. 301 McKinley Ave. SW, Suite 100, Canton, OH 44707 (800) 772-1213
Where do our Social Security disability lawyers go to court?
When our Social Security disability lawyers take up your disability case, not only are we able to offer the convenience of a Canton office but we also go to court nearby in Akron as well, should your case need to go to the hearing level. The Akron courthouse used for disability cases is the Social Security Administration’s Office of Hearing Operations (OHO). 121 South Main St. Akron, OH 44308-1426 – (866) 708-3209
What are other local Canton resources available to the community?
Canton has a variety of additional resources that are available for community members. From food pantries and energy bill assistance to deaf interpreting and employment centers, there are programs addressing many issues community members face in Northeastern Ohio.
- Akron-Canton Regional Foodbank – The Akron-Canton Regional Foodbank provides food assistance programs and benefits to those in need in eight Northeast Ohio counties. There are five locations near downtown Canton that provide pantry hours in which hot meals are served to members of the community. The Food Bank hosts multiple programs including a Summer Food Program for children who need meals outside of the school year.
- Home Energy Assistance Program – Due to the dramatically changing climate of Northeast Ohio, many families go without heating and cooling because of the high price of energy. The Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP) located in Canton, Ohio, is a federally funded program that provides short-term assistance to members of the community that need help with their home energy bills.
- Triad Deaf Services – Another integral organization in the Canton community is the Triad Deaf Services. This agency provides advocacy, interpreting services, and case management and leadership development for deaf, hard of hearing, or blind members of the community. Triad also hosts events, socials, and fundraisers.
- Bureau of Vocational Rehabilitation – The Bureau of Vocational Rehabilitation (BVR) office assists individuals with disabilities in finding and keeping a source of employment. Services provided include vocational counseling and training, educational guidance, transportation services, occupational tools and equipment, and more.
What to do in the Canton area?
The city of Canton has a rich history. After you’ve traveled to the area for an appointment with your lawyer, medical professional, or a local resource, check out what else Canton has to offer!
Liner Legal’s satellite office in Canton is across the highway from the Pro Football Hall of Fame, hosting artifacts from the countries best and most iconic football players. If you prefer political history, Canton is also home to the National First Ladies Library where you can learn about the influential women married to past Presidents and view relics integral to their lives. Canton is also home to the Classic Car Museum and the Canton Museum of Art, both family-friendly and interesting for people of all ages.
Have you worked up an appetite traversing around the city? Liner Legal’s office is conveniently located right next to Woody’s, which is a 1950s style drive up rootbeer stand. The establishment is cash only, but it’s worth it for their mugs of root beer and coney dogs. If you’re in the mood for a gourmet, head over to George’s Lounge. Pick one off the menu, or make your own and then make sure to add a hand-scooped milkshake. Another city favorite is Thatsa Wrap, a restaurant that’s “perfected the wrap.” With a side of chips and something to drink, you’re sure to leave satisfied.
How can Liner Legal Help You?
- Social Security Disability Benefits – If you have a disability that is preventing you from working for more than 12 months, then you may be eligible for Social Security disability benefits. There are two main programs individuals can apply for Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) and Supplemental Security Income (SSI).
- Long-Term Disability – If you were injured off the job or acquired an illness that prevents you from working, you may be applicable for Long-Term Disability (LTD) insurance. You must meet your insurance policy’s definition of disabled and have a long-term disability plan either through yourself or your employer.
- Deaf Discrimination – People who are Deaf or hard of hearing are entitled to the same rights as the rest of the public under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). If you are experiencing discrimination because of your hearing ability, contact a Deaf Discrimination lawyer about your claim.
Contact Liner Legal – Disability Lawyers in Canton, Ohio
For Canton residents, when you want an honest evaluation from a law firm with years of experience, feel free to contact us to discuss your Social Security disability, long-term disability, or Deaf Discrimination claim. You can reach our office by calling 216-282-1773 or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Many of our clients come to us from the Cleveland area, but in addition to the Canton area, we also serve the communities of Akron, Youngstown, Warren, Columbus, and Sandusky through office appointments. Call today to schedule your appointment!