Social Security Disability Lawyers in Akron
Liner Legal is proud to have an office in Akron. Located 30 miles south of Cleveland, Akron is the fifth-largest city in Ohio and serves as the county seat of Summit County. This great city is home to the headquarters of the Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company!
Liner Legal’s Akron office is conveniently located in the heart of downtown, so you can access us easily. We make the difficult process of applying for and fighting for disability benefits easier. Our experienced disability attorneys in Akron, OH are experts and have helped thousands of people throughout Ohio.
Where do Clients Receive Medical Care?
There are a variety of resources both in Akron and the surrounding areas. The Biomedical Corridor, a designated area for health-related businesses in Akron, include Akron General, Akron Children’s, and other medical-focused companies. If you are dealing with a physical or mental impairment, there are multiple places you can go to receive top-notch care in the community.
- Summa Health System (525 E. Market St., Akron, OH 44304 – (330) 375-3000) – The Summa Health System is one of the largest healthcare systems in the state of Ohio. Serving over one million patients per year, Summa has been recognized and has won awards in geriatric medicine, hospice care, and palliative care. Summa Health System- Akron is a Level 1 Trauma Emergency Department and is one of the largest emergency rooms in Summit County.
- Cleveland Clinic Akron (1 Akron General Ave., Akron, OH 44307 (330) 344-6000) – Cleveland Clinic Akron General is recognized as the best hospital in Summit County and the 11th best hospital in Ohio by U.S. News & World Report. Akron General has also won awards for pulmonology, gastroenterology and GI Surgery, and geriatrics and urology. Founded in 1914, the facilities house 532 registered beds and serves as a regional Level 1 trauma center.
- Akron Children’s Hospital (214 W. Bowery St., Akron, OH 44308 (330) 543-1000) – Akron Children’s Hospital is ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of the best children’s hospitals in the country. Operating since 1890, Akron Children’s sees more than a million patients every year and employs over 1,100 medical staff members. The hospital is rated 4.9/5 in outpatient surgery, 4.5/5 in ER, and 4.6/5 in inpatient surgery.
Where are Akron’s Social Security offices?
Akron has a U.S. Social Security Administration office downtown, located on the corner of Main St. and Market St. There is no parking on site but street parking is available directly in front of the building. Individuals who are looking to apply for Social Security Disability benefits can apply at this location (2 S. Main St., 2nd Floor, Akron, OH 44308 (877) 600-2858).
Before which Courts do Akron Social Security Disability lawyers appear?
Not only does Liner Legal conveniently have an Akron satellite office for clients in the area, but the courthouse is also less than five minutes away. Clients only go to the Akron courthouse if their disability case reaches the hearing level. The Akron courthouse used for social security cases is the Social Security Administration’s Office of Hearing Operations (OHO) 121 South Main St. Akron, OH 44308-1426 (866) 708-3209.
What are other local Akron resources available to the community?
Akron also has a multitude of resources for community members. From employment assistance services to home repair organizations, Akron is home to hundreds of local companies and nonprofits that support the community.
- Bureau of Vocational Rehabilitation (BVR): The city has an office of the Bureau of Vocational Rehabilitation (BVR) , which provides people with disabilities services that can help them attain and maintain a job. The BVR offers referral services, counseling and training, tuition resources, and more.
- United Disability Services (UDS): The United Disability Services (UDS) is also located in Akron, which is an organization that is committed to helping individuals with a disability with transportation, community, and social needs. Whether someone is looking for work, community involvement, or creative programs, UDS works with the individual goals of each person they serve.
- Rebuilding Together: Another great organization, Rebuilding Together, has roots in Akron, where they repair and rehabilitate homes for those in need, including individuals with disabilities. By improving the health and safety of homes in the community, Rebuilding Together works to ensure low-income, elderly, or disabled families have comfortable living situations.
- University of Akron: The University of Akron has an Audiology and Speech Center where they provide clinical speech, hearing, and language services for the Akron-Canton community. Services include hearing evaluations, audiologic treatments, support groups, and more.
What to do in the Akron area?
Once you make the trip out for your appointment at Liner Legal, your doctor, or a local resource, take a moment to see what else Akron has to offer within its city limits. The city has a wide array of entertaining and educational activities, as well as great food at reasonable prices! During the warmer months, walk just across the street from Liner Legal’s Akron office and check out an Akron Rubber Duck’s baseball game.
If nature and the outdoors are more your style, visit the Akron Zoo, proudly providing ADA-accessible pathways and sensory inclusion areas. If you’re looking for an activity that’s more relaxing, travel to the Akron Art Museum. The museum is free on Thursdays and hosts exhibitions from both national and International collections. Are you more interested in learning about the history of the city? Tour Stan Hywet Hall & Gardens, where the co-founder of The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company and his family lived.
Wondering what to eat in Akron? If you’re interested in a great local spot, look no further than the Diamond Deli. It’s a favorite restaurant near the University of Akron college campus and is a staple for locals. Popular recommendations include the Reuben or the corned beef sandwich. Another local favorite is Taqueria La Loma, serving authentic street food from Mexico. You can’t go wrong with the tacos, and the guacamole is a must-have.
If you are in a hurry and need to grab a quick bite to eat, stop into the Pad Thai restaurant located in the same building as Liner Legal or pick up a fresh pizza from Pizza Fire next door. If you like the idea of staying in your car, head over to the famous Swenson’s Drive-In. Their Galley Boy burger and potato teasers will satisfy your hunger from the comfort of your vehicle.
How can Liner Legal Help You?
- Social Security Disability Benefits: Are you eligible for Social Security Disability benefits including Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) or Supplemental Security Income (SSI)? If you have a disability that prevents you from attending work for more than 12 months, you may be eligible for SSDI or SSI. Contact our experienced social security attorneys today.
- Long-Term Disability: Have you developed an illness that prevents you from working? Were you injured off the job? If you answered yes to either of these questions, you might be eligible for Long-Term Disability (LTD) insurance. To qualify, you must have a long-term disability plan and meet the policy’s definition of “disabled”. Contact one of our expert LTD lawyers for help!
- Deaf Discrimination: The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) took effect in 1990 and protects the rights of disabled members of the community. Those who are deaf and hard of hearing have the same rights as everyone else and should not accept any form of discrimination. If you think you’ve been treated unfairly based on your hearing ability, contact a Deaf Discrimination lawyer to fight for justice.
Liner Legal’s lawyers aren’t simply disability attorneys; they are disability warriors!
Contact Liner Legal – Disability Lawyers in Akron, Ohio
For individuals in the Akron area who are applying for Social Security Disability benefits or who are experiencing deaf discrimination should not hesitate to contact our office! Give us a call at 216-282-1773 or fill out an online contact form and we will get back to you within one business day.Liner Legal’s Akron disability attorneys are disability warriors, and they are ready to fight for you!